Monday, February 6, 2012

House Watching In Manhattan Beach

"Sunset" by me, iPhone 4s
I've been taking advantage of the current non-winter in Los Angeles - at the time of writing, it's 72 degrees and sunny - by going to the beach whenever I can, even if only to enjoy a cup of coffee and the sunset.  I go to the beach quite a bit, as it's only a five minute drive, and I love to walk the bike path that follows the coast.  There's always a decent crowd of people on the bike path that are just walking, roller skating, cruising or sitting on the wall that separates the concrete from the sand.

While people watching has always been fun for me, my favorite pastime is looking at all of the multi-million dollar homes that line the beach and wondering what it would be like to live in one.  Allow me to share with you some of my favorite mansions that line the Manhattan Beach coast.


I love the various balconies

The ultimate cocktail party house


Ocean front lounging
This is your view from your lounge chair

I dig the conical design

Is this a restaurant?  Nope, it's someone's house.

Modern architecture at the beach























































































































Take a break from the concrete jungle that is L.A. and go for a walk at the beach.  It'll clear your mind and it might inspire something within!

Subscribe to this blog on Kindle!